Group: netwin.surgemail
From: Frank Bulk <fbulk@mypremieronline.com>
Subject: [SurgeMail List] Limiting forwarded email addresses
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 01:16:53 +0000

Some of our customers have configured their Surgemail accounts to forward to their gmail.com, live.com, outlook.com, etc. account.

From time to time one of these freemail vendors will block our messages for a while if one of the accounts forwards spam.  We would much rather they configure the freemail to POP from our Surgemail.

Is there a way to prevent certain domains from being forwarded to?

Frank

From: Ed <ed@easent.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 20:19:29 -0500

g_forward_illegal - Prevents users setting forward rules to certain
addresses

Syntax: g_forward_illegal to="address" apply="user type "

This setting allows you to specify some addresses as being illegal for
certain users. This stops users setting up forwarding rules to these
addresses. They can still send mail to these addresses manually with
their email client. These rules _ONLY_ apply to non local domains.

--Ed

--
EAS Enterprises LLC
World Class Web and Email Hosting Solutions

From: Eric Vey <junker@ericvey.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2016 20:23:43 -0500

The peanut gallery thanks you.

From: Matthew Beckwell <matthewb@aitech.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 20:49:16 -0600

--001a113f12624149ac0542f473a8

Out of curiosity, are you doing anything with the SRS rewriting within
SurgeMail (g_spf_rewrite) for your user base that's trying to forward?

While I haven't used it extensively...it appears that the SRS re-writing
feature (so the return-path comes from the forwarding domain) in
combination with a solid SPF record may provide a fighting chance of
forwarded mail making it to the destination.

~Matthew

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 7:16 PM, Frank Bulk <fbulk@mypremieronline.com>
wrote:

> Some of our customers have configured their Surgemail accounts to forward
> to their gmail.com, live.com, outlook.com, etc. account.
>
> From time to time one of these freemail vendors will block our messages
> for a while if one of the accounts forwards spam.  We would much rather
> they configure the freemail to POP from our Surgemail.
>
> Is there a way to prevent certain domains from being forwarded to?
>
> Frank

--001a113f12624149ac0542f473a8

iting within SurgeMail (g_spf_rewrite) for your user base that&#39;s trying=
ars that the SRS re-writing feature (so the return-path comes from the forw=
arding domain) in combination with a solid SPF record may provide a fightin=
=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><d=
span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fbulk@mypremieronline.com" target=3D=
ss=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;pa=
dding-left:1ex">Some of our customers have configured their Surgemail accou=
nts to forward to their <a href=3D"http://gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" tar=
get=3D"_blank">gmail.com</a>, <a href=3D"http://live.com" rel=3D"noreferrer=
" target=3D"_blank">live.com</a>, <a href=3D"http://outlook.com" rel=3D"nor=
eferrer" target=3D"_blank">outlook.com</a>, etc. account.<br>
From time to time one of these freemail vendors will block our messages for=
 a while if one of the accounts forwards spam.=C2=A0 We would much rather t=
hey configure the freemail to POP from our Surgemail.<br>
Is there a way to prevent certain domains from being forwarded to?<br>
Frank<br>

--001a113f12624149ac0542f473a8--

From: Frank Bulk <fbulk@mypremieronline.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 06:58:46 +0000

--_000_1a4159f6fc48469692694ba483763eb3mypremieronlinecom_

From: Frank Bulk <fbulk@mypremieronline.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 07:02:08 +0000

From: surgemail-support <surgemail-support@netwinsite.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2016 08:40:09 +1300