Group: netwin.surgemail
Subject: RE: [SurgeMail List] Mailbox Filter Rules and Spam Whitelist
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2016 13:34:02 +0000

ChrisP,

I tested this and it is still not working.  I created two rules via the web interface.  They would list in friend.rul as follows.  (There are also additional rules that I am not listing.)

bounce2:My reason for rejecting you:From:someone@domain.tld
accept:From:@domain.tld

friend_add.log shows the following.

rule accept:line=3: noreason (From) does contain (@domain.tld)

Does SurgeMail use short circuit selection for rules (i.e. first match wins) or is it using the last match?

Jim L
N2Net

From: surgemail-support <surgemail-support@netwinsite.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2016 10:14:32 +1300

We usually use first match, but in this case last match is used. So
indeed reversing the order should fix it.

     ChrisP.