Group: netwin.surgemail
Subject: [SurgeMail List] Fwd: Gmail
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 08:08:48 -0600

I am hearing rumors that a lot of email coming out of my servers is
ending up as SPAM at Gmail. (not a problem elsewhere and no I am not an
mass email provider).

One third party report indicated that our email was not encrypted? I am
not sure of this report as it's third party. But is there a setting for
outbound email to attempt ssl/tls connection that I might be missing?

Or are they misinterrupting the signals from Gmail, did they really mean
authenicated email. Which would mean missing SPF or DKIM signatures or ???

I don't have enough direct evidence to support either theory right now.
Just wondering if someone else has run across this.

Thanks,
Lyle Giese
LCR Computer Services, Inc.

From: Patrick <plear@aquawest.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 16:43:42 +0000

------T0X1PSJN7DOJO0YQDTA66HFR7P7A3G

I haven't but I have SPF and DKIM configured properly=2E  I would recommend=
 u create a Google account and send yourself test emails to find out firsth=
and what is really happening=2E =20

Also, you probably know this already, but there are sites that will test D=
KIM and SPF for you and tell you whether it is configured properly=2E

Hope this helps=2E

On February 11, 2017 6:08:48 AM PST, Lyle <lyle@lcrcomputer=2Einfo> wrote:

>I am hearing rumors that a lot of email coming out of my servers is=20
>ending up as SPAM at Gmail=2E (not a problem elsewhere and no I am not an
>
>mass email provider)=2E
>
>One third party report indicated that our email was not encrypted? I am
>
>not sure of this report as it's third party=2E But is there a setting for
>
>outbound email to attempt ssl/tls connection that I might be missing?
>
>Or are they misinterrupting the signals from Gmail, did they really
>mean=20
>authenicated email=2E Which would mean missing SPF or DKIM signatures or
>???
>
>I don't have enough direct evidence to support either theory right now=2E
>
>Just wondering if someone else has run across this=2E
>
>Thanks,
>Lyle Giese
>LCR Computer Services, Inc=2E

--=20
Sent from my rotary dial telephone=2E

------T0X1PSJN7DOJO0YQDTA66HFR7P7A3G

roperly=2E  I would recommend u create a Google account and send yourself t=
est emails to find out firsthand what is really happening=2E  <br>
Also, you probably know this already, but there are sites that will test D=
KIM and SPF for you and tell you whether it is configured properly=2E<br>
Hope this helps=2E<br>
le &lt;lyle@lcrcomputer=2Einfo&gt; wrote:<blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" =
style=3D"margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0=2E8ex; border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, =
204); padding-left: 1ex;">
<pre class=3D"k9mail"><br />I am hearing rumors that a lot of email coming=
 out of my servers is <br />ending up as SPAM at Gmail=2E (not a problem el=
rd party report indicated that our email was not encrypted? I am <br />not =
sure of this report as it's third party=2E But is there a setting for <br /=
>outbound email to attempt ssl/tls connection that I might be missing?<br /=
mean <br />authenicated email=2E Which would mean missing SPF or DKIM signa=
tures or ???<br /><br />I don't have enough direct evidence to support eith=
er theory right now=2E <br />Just wondering if someone else has run across =
-- <br>
Sent from my rotary dial telephone=2E<br>
------T0X1PSJN7DOJO0YQDTA66HFR7P7A3G--

From: surgemail-support <surgemail-support@netwinsite.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 13:10:38 +1300

Yes get dkim and spf configured, and yes you can enable encryption, set

g_ssl_try_out "*"

I don't know if ssl would help with this issue though, dkim and spf are
the primary means of clarifying that your messages are really from you.

In addition to that check you don't have a spammer sending out spam and
damaging your reputation

     http://netwinsite.com/surgemail/help/hackers.htm

ChrisP

From: plear <plear@aquawest.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 12:52:02 -0800

Lyle,

Here's a link to a page  that gives you the ability to test DKIM, DMARC
and SPF.

https://www.emailarchitect.net/domainkeys/doc/html/object_test.htm

Patrick

From: Lyle <lyle@lcrcomputer.info>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 21:13:16 -0600

That's always an issue.  A while back I had a user's password compromise
and these guys managed to send out in excess of 100,000 emails in just 2
hours.

But thanks on the setting.

Lyle

From: Chris Ferebee <cf@ferebee.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 10:48:04 +0100

--Apple-Mail-82C05D65-B17C-4759-B0C0-604F6DC91869

FWIW I host email on SurgeMail for a number of domains that have neither SPF=
 nor DKIM configured, with no known issues with GMail deliverability.

No doubt you=E2=80=99ve checked your current IP reputation via something lik=

     <http://www.anti-abuse.org/multi-rbl-check/>

Best,
Chris

>=20
>  12.02.2017 um 04:13 schrieb Lyle <lyle@lcrcomputer.info>:
>=20
> That's always an issue.  A while back I had a user's password compromise a=
nd these guys managed to send out in excess of 100,000 emails in just 2 hour=
s.
>=20
>=20
> But thanks on the setting.
>=20
>=20
> Lyle
>=20
>=20
>=20
>> On 02/11/17 18:10, surgemail-support wrote:
>> Yes get dkim and spf configured, and yes you can enable encryption, set
>>=20
>> g_ssl_try_out "*"
>>=20
>> I don't know if ssl would help with this issue though, dkim and spf are t=
he primary means of clarifying that your messages are really from you.
>>=20
>> In addition to that check you don't have a spammer sending out spam and d=
amaging your reputation
>>=20
>>    http://netwinsite.com/surgemail/help/hackers.htm
>>=20
>> ChrisP
>>=20
>>=20
>>> On 12/02/2017 3:08 a.m., surgemail-list@netwinsite.com wrote:
>>>=20
>>> I am hearing rumors that a lot of email coming out of my servers is endi=
ng up as SPAM at Gmail. (not a problem elsewhere and no I am not an mass ema=
il provider).
>>>=20
>>> One third party report indicated that our email was not encrypted? I am n=
ot sure of this report as it's third party. But is there a setting for outbo=
und email to attempt ssl/tls connection that I might be missing?
>>>=20
>>> Or are they misinterrupting the signals from Gmail, did they really mean=
 authenicated email. Which would mean missing SPF or DKIM signatures or ???
>>>=20
>>> I don't have enough direct evidence to support either theory right now. J=
ust wondering if someone else has run across this.
>>>=20
>>> Thanks,
>>> Lyle Giese
>>> LCR Computer Services, Inc.
>>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>=20
>=20

--Apple-Mail-82C05D65-B17C-4759-B0C0-604F6DC91869

umber of domains that have neither SPF nor DKIM configured, with no known is=
chrieb Lyle &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:lyle@lcrcomputer.info">lyle@lcrcomputer.in=
n issue. &nbsp;A while back I had a user's password compromise and these guy=
s managed to send out in excess of 100,000 emails in just 2 hours.</span><br=
ould help with this issue though, dkim and spf are the primary means of clar=
nbsp;<a href=3D"http://netwinsite.com/surgemail/help/hackers.htm">http://net=
ote type=3D"cite"><span>On 12/02/2017 3:08 a.m., <a href=3D"mailto:surgemail=
ite"><span>I am hearing rumors that a lot of email coming out of my servers i=
s ending up as SPAM at Gmail. (not a problem elsewhere and no I am not an ma=
blockquote type=3D"cite"><blockquote type=3D"cite"><span>One third party rep=
ort indicated that our email was not encrypted? I am not sure of this report=
 as it's third party. But is there a setting for outbound email to attempt s=
pan>Or are they misinterrupting the signals from Gmail, did they really mean=
 authenicated email. Which would mean missing SPF or DKIM signatures or ???<=
ite"><blockquote type=3D"cite"><span>I don't have enough direct evidence to s=

From: Lyle <lyle@lcrcomputer.info>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 08:48:25 -0600

--------------964455A70916131B74532478

I normally use MXToolBox.  But both show 100% clean for
mail3.lcrcomputer.net

I do occassionaly have an account compromised and the bad guys abuse it
for a short while.  I have scripts in place to monitor the outbound
queue size plus the AOL feedback loop catch most early.

Lyle Giese

LCR Computer Services, Inc.

On 2/12/2017 3:48 AM, Chris Ferebee wrote:
> FWIW I host email on SurgeMail for a number of domains that have
> neither SPF nor DKIM configured, with no known issues with GMail
> deliverability.
>
> No doubt you’ve checked your current IP reputation via something like
>
>      <http://www.anti-abuse.org/multi-rbl-check/>
>
> Best,
> Chris
>

>  12.02.2017 um 04:13 schrieb Lyle <lyle@lcrcomputer.info
> <mailto:lyle@lcrcomputer.info>>:
>
>> That's always an issue.  A while back I had a user's password
>> compromise and these guys managed to send out in excess of 100,000
>> emails in just 2 hours.
>>

>> But thanks on the setting.
>>

>> Lyle
>>

>> On 02/11/17 18:10, surgemail-support wrote:
>>> Yes get dkim and spf configured, and yes you can enable encryption, set
>>>
>>> g_ssl_try_out "*"
>>>
>>> I don't know if ssl would help with this issue though, dkim and spf
>>> are the primary means of clarifying that your messages are really
>>> from you.
>>>
>>> In addition to that check you don't have a spammer sending out spam
>>> and damaging your reputation
>>>
>>> http://netwinsite.com/surgemail/help/hackers.htm
>>>
>>> ChrisP

--------------964455A70916131B74532478

  <head>
  </head>
      mail3.lcrcomputer.net</p>
      abuse it for a short while.  I have scripts in place to monitor
      the outbound queue size plus the AOL feedback loop catch most
      early.</p>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:79DBEF5F-8F18-48A0-93D6-0B46DEF486B2@ferebee.net"
      type="cite">
        have neither SPF nor DKIM configured, with no known issues with
        GMail deliverability.</div>
        something like</div>
          href="http://www.anti-abuse.org/multi-rbl-check/">http://www.anti-abuse.org/multi-rbl-check/</a>&gt;</div>
         12.02.2017 um 04:13 schrieb Lyle &lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="mailto:lyle@lcrcomputer.info">lyle@lcrcomputer.info</a>&gt;:<br>
            password compromise and these guys managed to send out in
            excess of 100,000 emails in just 2 hours.</span><br>
              and yes you can enable encryption, set</span><br>
              with this issue though, dkim and spf are the primary means
              of clarifying that your messages are really from you.</span><br>
              don't have a spammer sending out spam and damaging your
              reputation</span><br>
                moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="mailto:surgemail-list@netwinsite.com">surgemail-list@netwinsite.com</a>
              wrote:</span><br>
                of email coming out of my servers is ending up as SPAM
                at Gmail. (not a problem elsewhere and no I am not an
                mass email provider).</span><br>
                indicated that our email was not encrypted? I am not
                sure of this report as it's third party. But is there a
                setting for outbound email to attempt ssl/tls connection
                that I might be missing?</span><br>
                the signals from Gmail, did they really mean
                authenicated email. Which would mean missing SPF or DKIM
                signatures or ???</span><br>
                evidence to support either theory right now. Just
                wondering if someone else has run across this.</span><br>

--------------964455A70916131B74532478--

From: Frank Bulk <fbulk@mypremieronline.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 04:51:54 +0000