Group: netwin.surgemail
From: "Paul M. Beck" <pbeck@bexx.com>
Subject: [SurgeMail List] g_dns_require
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 21:13:54 -0500

Can I specify more that one host for a from domain

ie: *@hotmail.com   -   *hotmail.com,*outlook.com,etc

From: surgemail-support <surgemail-support@netwinsite.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2017 08:48:50 +1300

Yes.

Spf should normally be used instead of this unless the domain doesn't
support it.

     ChrisP.

From: "Paul M. Beck" <pbeck@bexx.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 15:44:17 -0500

True, but...

I Believe this checks from and not the received from so it is easy to catch e=
mail with a forged from, yes?

Sent from my iPhone

From: surgemail-support <surgemail-support@netwinsite.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 09:07:07 +1300

Both methods check the from envelope (return path) not the from header.

ChrisP.