Group: netwin.surgemail
Subject: [SurgeMail List] SurgeMail Blocking Spam Reports
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2017 17:20:46 +0000

NetWin,

We are running both the old Avast virus scanner as well as ClamAV (per the new SurgeMail antivirus configuration web page).   We are seeing a problem where SurgeMail is scanning and blocking the Spam Report emails and reports to myrblrobot@spam.netwinsite.com because the contents of the email is being caught by the virus scanner.  Presumably this is ClamAV, but I have not verified this.

2017-04-07 10:57:17.00 [135193302] Rejected localhost <> <myrblrobot@spam.netwinsite.com> 295864 <1491577036_69710@mail1.n2net.net> "[localhost] Virus scanner detected virus in message"

I have set the following in an attempt to resolve the issue, to no avail.

g_virus_disable_local "TRUE"

Also, g_virus_localhost is not set.

Please help.  Customers are complaining because they are not receiving their spam reports.

Thanks,

Jim Lohiser
N2Net

From: surgemail-support <surgemail-support@netwinsite.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2017 09:18:43 +1200

Can you send me your surgemail.ini thanks.

     Chrisp.