Group: netwin.surgemail
From: surgemail-support <surgemail-support@netwinsite.com>
Subject: [SurgeMail List] Re: change Surgemail Authentication modules
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 10:20:14 +1200

That's not easy and depends on what you can do with mysql.

step 1 export the data from mysql including hashed passwords

You should get most of what you want like this:

    mysqlauth

    search *

but the hashed passwords may be an issue...

step 2, reformat it to match nwauth.txt format   username:hashedpassword: other data...

step 3, test it :-)

ChrisP.

On 13/05/2017 7:15 a.m., surgemail-list@netwinsite.com wrote:
I have been using MySql ro authenticate users using Surgemail.  It has worked flawlessly. I provision MySql with billing system Platypus by doing a remote server update from Platypus' MsSql database.   I have decided to eliminate MySql entirely and update Surgemail with the Surgemail API through Platypus.  Again I want to eliminate MySql.  How can I update NWAuth with all of my users from MySql to do the changeover without having to manually update each user in Platypus?

--
I'd really appreciate it if you could take a moment to like us on FaceBook, thanks heaps! ChrisP.