Group: netwin.surgemail
From: Jeff Crowe <jeff@wtccommunications.ca>
Subject: Re: [SurgeMail List] Importing calendar events?
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2017 10:47:59 -0400

The issue I have is that the domain will be moving from old server to surgemail and leveraging the migration utilities.  Once I change the DNS to the surgemail, the clients will lose access to the old server and their calendars will see nothing on the new server.  As is the usual situation, the clients are not very savvy in the way of how things work so trying to get them to export and import is a bit of chore to say the least and then multiply that by 50 for all the users in the domain. I vote +1 for the feature for a csv import if possible in the future

Thanks,
Jeff

On Jun 30, 2017, at 10:39 PM, Surgemail Support <surgemail-support@netwinsite.com> wrote:

If you receive ical files via email there should be a button to add them to surgeweb in recent versions of surgemail yes.

Currently there is no way of doing a large scale import using surgeweb, although any calendaring client is technically capable, so I expect many desktop or even mobile calendaring clients may well have such features.

It is something I can look at adding to surgeweb in the future, if there is call for this.

Marijn

On Friday 30/06/2017 at 2:55 am, surgemail-list@netwinsite.com wrote:
Is it possible to import calendar events via a cvs or iCal files?

Thanks,
Jeff