Group: netwin.surgemail
From: surgemail-support <surgemail-support@netwinsite.com>
Subject: [SurgeMail List] Re: Mail filtering
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2017 09:43:55 +1200

Can you send the full list of rules you have when the problem occurs. And the user level delivery log for the message which is not rejected, that should show if it's been accepted for some reason. And the full headers of the problem message.

Send to surgemail-support@netwinsite.com

    ChrisP.

On 15/07/2017 8:07 a.m., surgemail-list@netwinsite.com wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to filter mail under > Spam Control > Settings for all domains: > Filtering. I have setup a test rule to try reject any email from my external email address. It looks like this

If the from header contains external@mydomain.com then reject. reason for rejection	No spam here please.

Nothing seems to happen and the email arrives at the recipients inbox on Surgemail. If I set the rule to move to another folder, trash for example then the rule works. What am I doing wrong?

--
I'd really appreciate it if you could take a moment to like us on FaceBook, thanks heaps! ChrisP.

From: "Andy" <awbaker@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 17:34:40 -0500

Problem resolved. The email address I was sending the test from was in the recipients whitelist. Once I removed this the rule worked as expected.

I tried to setup another rule as follows

If the CUSTOM --> X-SPAM-FLAG header contains Yes
then Reject

This doesn't seem to work on emails where X-SPAM-FLAG: YES. Does the X-SPAM-FLAG header get added after the email has passed through the exceptions and filter rules?

From: surgemail-support <surgemail-support@netwinsite.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 12:26:07 +1200

--------------B68C1F445FC314507EC6437B

Yes that header is added very late.  Try using the spamdetect header
instead.  (match on the number of *'s)

     ChrisP.

On 15/07/2017 10:34 a.m., surgemail-list@netwinsite.com wrote:
> Problem resolved. The email address I was sending the test from was in the recipients whitelist. Once I removed this the rule worked as expected.
>
> I tried to setup another rule as follows
>
> If the CUSTOM --> X-SPAM-FLAG header contains Yes
> then Reject
>
> This doesn't seem to work on emails where X-SPAM-FLAG: YES. Does the X-SPAM-FLAG header get added after the email has passed through the exceptions and filter rules?

--
I'd really appreciate it if you could take a moment to like us on
FaceBook <https://www.facebook.com/SurgeMail-194672027239873>, thanks
heaps! ChrisP.

--------------B68C1F445FC314507EC6437B

  <head>
  </head>
      header instead.  (match on the number of *'s)<br>
      <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:surgemail-list@netwinsite.com">surgemail-list@netwinsite.com</a> wrote:<br>
      <pre wrap="">Problem resolved. The email address I was sending the test from was in the recipients whitelist. Once I removed this the rule worked as expected.

I tried to setup another rule as follows

If the CUSTOM --&gt; X-SPAM-FLAG header contains Yes
then Reject

This doesn't seem to work on emails where X-SPAM-FLAG: YES. Does the X-SPAM-FLAG header get added after the email has passed through the exceptions and filter rules?
</pre>
      I'd really appreciate it if you could take a moment to <a
        href="https://www.facebook.com/SurgeMail-194672027239873">
        like us on FaceBook</a>, thanks heaps! ChrisP.

--------------B68C1F445FC314507EC6437B--