Group: netwin.surgemail
Subject: [SurgeMail List] Renewing support
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 09:39:24 -0400 (EDT)

For the first time ever I've reconsidered renewing support.  Ultimately I will however the lack of development in the front end in the product over the past years has disturbed me.  The back end is fine, extremely light weight and reliable.  Support is good.  However time is surging on (pardon the pun) and the webmail interface really needs some serious attention.  There are so many nice free products out there that are much nicer for the end user.

Are there any plans on updating and improving the front end?

--
Steven Kenney
Network Operations Manager

From: Russ <russ@worldprism.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 08:35:34 -0800

So I've read this before from other admins and I guess I don't understand
the argument. If there are "so many nice free products out there", then why
aren't you using them?

And I'm curious; what percentage of your users are actually using the web
interface?

I've always viewed Surgemail as the mail server product and the webmail
interface as a starter for admins until they decide what else they want to use.

My .02.

Russ

From: Surgemail <surgemail@wcta.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 12:17:27 -0500

--------------CA5BAC2F26B204C35B5962EE

For us, the web interface was a nice improvement over what we had before
(squirrelmail with various add-ons.)

Anytime I've suggested enhancements (administrative stuff so far),
support has been very responsive.

Perhaps you could suggest some specifics to the surgeweb support folks,
as to what would make it nicer?

-Troy

On 07/26/2017 08:39 AM, Steven wrote:
> For the first time ever I've reconsidered renewing support.
> Ultimately I will however the lack of development in the front end in
> the product over the past years has disturbed me.  The back end is
> fine, extremely light weight and reliable.  Support is good.  However
> time is surging on (pardon the pun) and the webmail interface really
> needs some serious attention.  There are so many nice free products
> out there that are much nicer for the end user.
>
> Are there any plans on updating and improving the front end?
>
> --
> Steven Kenney
> Network Operations Manager
> WaveDirect Telecommunications
> http://www.wavedirect.net
> (519)737-WAVE (9283)

--------------CA5BAC2F26B204C35B5962EE

  <head>
  </head>
    For us, the web interface was a nice improvement over what we had
    before (squirrelmail with various add-ons.)<br>
    Anytime I've suggested enhancements (administrative stuff so far),
    support has been very responsive.<br>
    Perhaps you could suggest some specifics to the surgeweb support
    folks, as to what would make it nicer?<br>
    -Troy<br>
cite="mid:732646138.6402328.1501076364906.JavaMail.zimbra@wavedirect.org">
        12pt; color: #000000">
 .sw_message P{margin:0px;padding:0px;}
 .sw_message {FONT-SIZE: 12pt;FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;background:white;}
 .sw_message blockquote{margin-left:5px;padding-left:5px;border-left:2px solid #144fae;color: #144fae;}
 .sw_message blockquote blockquote{border-left:2px solid #006312;color: #006312;}
 .sw_message blockquote blockquote blockquote{border-left:2px solid #8e5656;color: #8e5656;}
 .sw_message blockquote blockquote blockquote blockquote{border-left:2px solid #888;color: #888;}
          support.  Ultimately I will however the lack of development in
          the front end in the product over the past years has disturbed
          me.  The back end is fine, extremely light weight and
          reliable.  Support is good.  However time is surging on
          (pardon the pun) and the webmail interface really needs some
          serious attention.  There are so many nice free products out
          there that are much nicer for the end user. <br>
          end?  <br data-mce-bogus="1">
          Steven Kenney<br>
          Network Operations Manager<br>
          WaveDirect Telecommunications<br>
          <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.wavedirect.net">http://www.wavedirect.net</a><br>
          (519)737-WAVE (9283)</div>
        <hr id="zwchr" data-marker="__DIVIDER__"></div>

--------------CA5BAC2F26B204C35B5962EE--

From: Steven <steve@wavedirect.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 13:52:54 -0400 (EDT)

--=_1a3ddacf-1ff4-4208-8fd8-ea48534ccf07

Would have to be a Web2.0 type look like Horde, Squirrelmail Roundcube.. so many..

[...]

          support.&nbsp; Ultimately I will however the lack of development in
          the front end in the product over the past years has disturbed
          me.&nbsp; The back end is fine, extremely light weight and
          reliable.&nbsp; Support is good.&nbsp; However time is surging on
          (pardon the pun) and the webmail interface really needs some
          serious attention.&nbsp; There are so many nice free products out
          there that are much nicer for the end user. <br>
          end?&nbsp; <br>
          Steven Kenney<br>
          Network Operations Manager<br>
          WaveDirect Telecommunications<br>
          <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.wavedirect.net" target="_blank">http://www.wavedirect.net</a><br>
          (519)737-WAVE (9283)</div>
        <hr id="zwchr"></div>
--=_1a3ddacf-1ff4-4208-8fd8-ea48534ccf07--

From: Steven <steve@wavedirect.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 13:51:28 -0400 (EDT)

--=_ac620c47-6b5a-4b40-a8a7-05b260038c72

I have about 400 that use it. I've never heard any compliments or anything nice said about it. Of course it is free to our customers. The only reason I don't switch is because A) Loyalty B) The back end is unparalleled C) Support is good D) I generally like the guys at Netwinsite. My only beef is the front end. It really is outdated.

I'd love to put in all sort of fancy features to give customers a little "more" than other providers. To do that you really need to offer something in the front end. Like Zimbra for example with a built in chat, video conferencing etc.

On 7/26/17 5:39 AM, Steven wrote:
> For the first time ever I've reconsidered renewing support. Ultimately I
> will however the lack of development in the front end in the product over
> the past years has disturbed me. The back end is fine, extremely light
> weight and reliable. Support is good. However time is surging on (pardon
> the pun) and the webmail interface really needs some serious attention.
> There are so many nice free products out there that are much nicer for the
> end user.
>
> Are there any plans on updating and improving the front end?
>
> --
> Steven Kenney
> Network Operations Manager
> WaveDirect Telecommunications
> http://www.wavedirect.net
> (519)737-WAVE (9283)

--=_ac620c47-6b5a-4b40-a8a7-05b260038c72

helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: #000000" class=3D"61"><div>I=
 have about 400 that use it.&nbsp; I've never heard any compliments or anyt=
hing nice said about it.&nbsp; Of course it is free to our customers.&nbsp;=
 The only reason I don't switch is because A) Loyalty&nbsp; B) The back end=
 is unparalleled C) Support is good D) I generally like the guys at Netwins=
ite.&nbsp;&nbsp; My only beef is the front end.&nbsp; It really is outdated=
in all sort of fancy features to give customers a little "more" than other =
providers.&nbsp; To do that you really need to offer something in the front=
 end.&nbsp; Like Zimbra for example with a built in chat, video conferencin=
div data-marker=3D"__SIG_PRE__">-- <br>Steven Kenney<br>Network Operations =
ta-marker=3D"__QUOTED_TEXT__">So I've read this before from other admins an=
d I guess I don't understand <br>the argument. If there are "so many nice f=
 curious; what percentage of your users are actually using the web <br>inte=
rface?<br><br>I've always viewed Surgemail as the mail server product and t=
he webmail <br>interface as a starter for admins until they decide what els=
teven wrote:<br>&gt; For the first time ever I've reconsidered renewing sup=
port. &nbsp;Ultimately I<br>&gt; will however the lack of development in th=
e front end in the product over<br>&gt; the past years has disturbed me. &n=
bsp;The back end is fine, extremely light<br>&gt; weight and reliable. &nbs=
p;Support is good. &nbsp;However time is surging on (pardon<br>&gt; the pun=
) and the webmail interface really needs some serious attention.<br>&gt; Th=
ere are so many nice free products out there that are much nicer for the<br=
>&gt; end user.<br>&gt;<br>&gt; Are there any plans on updating and improvi=
Operations Manager<br>&gt; WaveDirect Telecommunications<br>&gt; http://www=
--------------------------------------------------------------<br></div></d=
iv></body></html>
--=_ac620c47-6b5a-4b40-a8a7-05b260038c72--

From: surgemail-support <surgemail-support@netwinsite.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 09:53:13 +1200

--------------14FCBEED08B1F59EEAFA7B93

I'm very curious to know what you think looks nicer or is easier to
use,  a specific example or two would be great.  We did an internal
review recently with this goal in mind, I started with the same thought
that surely we could make it look more modern, but after looking around
at competitors we only agreed on some fairly minor changes (slight
button styling changes and some interface improvements like infinite
scrolling).   We think a clean minimalist interface is actually easier
for users to deal with than too much eye candy.  And we have a dim view
of wasting screen real estate with fancy formatting that detracts from
being able to see more real content.

But by all means give me some examples and we'll certainly review this
again. We would very much like to satisfy both needs (functionality,
ease of use, and looking pretty) :-)

ChrisP.

--
I'd really appreciate it if you could take a moment to like us on
FaceBook <https://www.facebook.com/SurgeMail-194672027239873>, thanks

--------------14FCBEED08B1F59EEAFA7B93

  <head>
  </head>
      to use,  a specific example or two would be great.  We did an
      internal review recently with this goal in mind, I started with
      the same thought that surely we could make it look more modern,
      but after looking around at competitors we only agreed on some
      fairly minor changes (slight button styling changes and some
      interface improvements like infinite scrolling).   We think a
      clean minimalist interface is actually easier for users to deal
      with than too much eye candy.  And we have a dim view of wasting
      screen real estate with fancy formatting that detracts from being
      able to see more real content.   <br>
      this again. We would very much like to satisfy both needs
      (functionality, ease of use, and looking pretty) :-)<br>
[...]
      I'd really appreciate it if you could take a moment to <a
        href="https://www.facebook.com/SurgeMail-194672027239873">
        like us on FaceBook</a>, thanks heaps! ChrisP.

--------------14FCBEED08B1F59EEAFA7B93--

From: Chris Ferebee <cf@ferebee.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 00:20:04 +0200

That=E2=80=99s actually a very good question.

I was going to point to RoundCube, but they seem to have caught eye =
candy disease since I last checked many years ago.

If I can make three suggestions:

1. Remove all gradients.

2. Redraw all icons =E2=80=93 look to iOS 10 or the new half of Windows =
10 for inspiration.

3. Bring in a professional UI/UX designer for an evaluation. Some things =
are hidden under a thick layer of thought processes that are only =
accessible to a software developer.

The current webmail interface is visually disturbing, confusing, and =
lacks discoverability. (As an example, none of my users was ever able to =
find or understand the autoresponder functionality without explicit =
instructions.)

Best,
Chris

<surgemail-support@netwinsite.com>:
>=20
> I'm very curious to know what you think looks nicer or is easier to =
use,  a specific example or two would be great.  We did an internal =
review recently with this goal in mind, I started with the same thought =
that surely we could make it look more modern, but after looking around =
at competitors we only agreed on some fairly minor changes (slight =
button styling changes and some interface improvements like infinite =
scrolling).   We think a clean minimalist interface is actually easier =
for users to deal with than too much eye candy.  And we have a dim view =
of wasting screen real estate with fancy formatting that detracts from =
being able to see more real content.  =20
>=20
> But by all means give me some examples and we'll certainly review this =
again. We would very much like to satisfy both needs (functionality, =
ease of use, and looking pretty) :-)
>=20
> ChrisP.
>=20
>=20
> On 27/07/2017 1:39 a.m., Steven wrote:
>> For the first time ever I've reconsidered renewing support.  =
Ultimately I will however the lack of development in the front end in =
the product over the past years has disturbed me.  The back end is fine, =
extremely light weight and reliable.  Support is good.  However time is =
surging on (pardon the pun) and the webmail interface really needs some =
serious attention.  There are so many nice free products out there that =
are much nicer for the end user.=20
>>=20
>> Are there any plans on updating and improving the front end? =20
>>=20
>> --=20
>> Steven Kenney
>> Network Operations Manager
>> WaveDirect Telecommunications
>> http://www.wavedirect.net
>> (519)737-WAVE (9283)
>>=20
>=20
> --=20
> I'd really appreciate it if you could take a moment to like us on =
FaceBook, thanks heaps! ChrisP.

From: Jeff Crowe <jeff@wtccommunications.ca>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 09:51:29 -0400

--_000_951AFCFCB63A431EB0CC88B71A01B961wtccommunicationsca_

From: "Tim Meyer" <tmeyer@jtmweb.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 11:12:59 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_007D_01D306C9.4E5EDFB0

Chris P.,

My 2 words, system works great, support is superb and webmail interface is
fine. Let's keep it light weight and fast. The only change I would make is
the yellow on the option pages, I would stay with the blues, I personally
like blue;-).

============================

Tim Meyer

CEO, JTM MultiMedia, Inc.

------=_NextPart_000_007D_01D306C9.4E5EDFB0

<head>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<!--
 /* Style Definitions */
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	color:black;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->

</head>

break-word;-webkit-nbsp-mode: space;
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space'>

Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;color:black'>Chris =

Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></font></p=

Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;color:black'>My 2 words, system works great, =
support is
superb and webmail interface is fine. Let&#8217;s keep it light weight =
and
fast. The only change I would make is the yellow on the option pages, I =
would
stay with the blues, I personally like =

Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></font></p=

Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;color:black'>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></span></font></p=

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:black'>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</span></font><font

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:black'>Tim Meyer</span></font><font =
color=3Dblack><span

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:black'>CEO, JTM MultiMedia, =
Inc.</span></font><font

style=3D'font-size:

------=_NextPart_000_007D_01D306C9.4E5EDFB0--

From: Steve Perrault <steve@psp101.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 14:00:42 -0400

--------------5EC3EEFCDD9B684F081F5F15

Access to the nightly archive activity from surgeweb would be nice, too,
instead of steering customers to user.cgi or the old webmail.

On 7/27/2017 9:51 AM, Jeff Crowe wrote:
> Along with Chris’ suggestions below, I would recommend bringing all
> the features from the user.cgi scripts into the preferences/options
> menu on the main webmail UI.  Being able to add/remove lists, aliases,
> etc from a single common interface would ease customer support issues.
> Along those lines, removing the idea of the popup box for the
> preferences and making it like a settings page on gmail would lead to
> a cleaner look as well.
>
> Just my 2 cents
>
> Jeff.
>

>> On Jul 26, 2017, at 6:20 PM, Chris Ferebee <cf@ferebee.net
>> <mailto:cf@ferebee.net>> wrote:
>>
>> That’s actually a very good question.
>>
>> I was going to point to RoundCube, but they seem to have caught eye
>> candy disease since I last checked many years ago.
>>
>> If I can make three suggestions:
>>
>> 1. Remove all gradients.
>>
>> 2. Redraw all icons – look to iOS 10 or the new half of Windows 10
>> for inspiration.
>>
>> 3. Bring in a professional UI/UX designer for an evaluation. Some
>> things are hidden under a thick layer of thought processes that are
>> only accessible to a software developer.
>>
>> The current webmail interface is visually disturbing, confusing, and
>> lacks discoverability. (As an example, none of my users was ever able
>> to find or understand the autoresponder functionality without
>> explicit instructions.)
>>
>> Best,
>> Chris
>>

>>> Am 26.07.2017 um 23:53 schrieb surgemail-support
>>> <surgemail-support@netwinsite.com
>>> <mailto:surgemail-support@netwinsite.com>>:
>>>
>>> I'm very curious to know what you think looks nicer or is easier to
>>> use,  a specific example or two would be great.  We did an internal
>>> review recently with this goal in mind, I started with the same
>>> thought that surely we could make it look more modern, but after
>>> looking around at competitors we only agreed on some fairly minor
>>> changes (slight button styling changes and some interface
>>> improvements like infinite scrolling).   We think a clean minimalist
>>> interface is actually easier for users to deal with than too much
>>> eye candy.  And we have a dim view of wasting screen real estate
>>> with fancy formatting that detracts from being able to see more real
>>> content.
>>>
>>> But by all means give me some examples and we'll certainly review
>>> this again. We would very much like to satisfy both needs
>>> (functionality, ease of use, and looking pretty) :-)
>>>
>>> ChrisP.

>>> --
>>> I'd really appreciate it if you could take a moment to like us on
>>> FaceBook, thanks heaps! ChrisP.

--------------5EC3EEFCDD9B684F081F5F15

  <head>
  </head>
      from surgeweb would be nice, too, instead of steering customers to
      user.cgi or the old webmail.<br>
      On 7/27/2017 9:51 AM, Jeff Crowe wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:951AFCFC-B63A-431E-B0CC-88B71A01B961@wtccommunications.ca">
      Along with Chris’ suggestions below, I would recommend bringing
      all the features from the user.cgi scripts into the
      preferences/options menu on the main webmail UI.  Being able to
      add/remove lists, aliases, etc from a single common interface
      would ease customer support issues. Along those lines, removing
      the idea of the popup box for the preferences and making it like a
      settings page on gmail would lead to a cleaner look as well.
            font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps:
            normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal;
            orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
            text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
            word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;
            -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"><br class="">
            font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps:
            normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal;
            orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
            text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
            word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;
            -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">Jeff.</div>
              &lt;<a href="mailto:cf@ferebee.net" class=""
                moz-do-not-send="true">cf@ferebee.net</a>&gt; wrote:</div>
                  class="">
                I was going to point to RoundCube, but they seem to have
                caught eye candy disease since I last checked many years
                ago.<br class="">
                If I can make three suggestions:<br class="">
                1. Remove all gradients.<br class="">
                2. Redraw all icons – look to iOS 10 or the new half of
                Windows 10 for inspiration.<br class="">
                3. Bring in a professional UI/UX designer for an
                evaluation. Some things are hidden under a thick layer
                of thought processes that are only accessible to a
                software developer.<br class="">
                The current webmail interface is visually disturbing,
                confusing, and lacks discoverability. (As an example,
                none of my users was ever able to find or understand the
                autoresponder functionality without explicit
                instructions.)<br class="">
                Best,<br class="">
                Chris<br class="">
                  schrieb surgemail-support &lt;<a
                    href="mailto:surgemail-support@netwinsite.com"
                    class="" moz-do-not-send="true">surgemail-support@netwinsite.com</a>&gt;:<br
                    class="">
                  I'm very curious to know what you think looks nicer or
                  is easier to use,  a specific example or two would be
                  great.  We did an internal review recently with this
                  goal in mind, I started with the same thought that
                  surely we could make it look more modern, but after
                  looking around at competitors we only agreed on some
                  fairly minor changes (slight button styling changes
                  and some interface improvements like infinite
                  scrolling).   We think a clean minimalist interface is
                  actually easier for users to deal with than too much
                  eye candy.  And we have a dim view of wasting screen
                  real estate with fancy formatting that detracts from
                  being able to see more real content.   <br class="">
                  But by all means give me some examples and we'll
                  certainly review this again. We would very much like
                  to satisfy both needs (functionality, ease of use, and
                  looking pretty) :-)<br class="">
                  ChrisP.<br class="">
                  On 27/07/2017 1:39 a.m., Steven wrote:<br class="">
                    ever I've reconsidered renewing support.  Ultimately
                    I will however the lack of development in the front
                    end in the product over the past years has disturbed
                    me.  The back end is fine, extremely light weight
                    and reliable.  Support is good.  However time is
                    surging on (pardon the pun) and the webmail
                    interface really needs some serious attention.
                     There are so many nice free products out there that
                    are much nicer for the end user. <br class="">
                    Are there any plans on updating and improving the
                    front end?  <br class="">
                    -- <br class="">
                    Steven Kenney<br class="">
                    Network Operations Manager<br class="">
                    WaveDirect Telecommunications<br class="">
                      moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.wavedirect.net</a><br
                      class="">
                    (519)737-WAVE (9283)<br class="">
                  -- <br class="">
                  I'd really appreciate it if you could take a moment to
                  like us on FaceBook, thanks heaps! ChrisP.<br class="">

--------------5EC3EEFCDD9B684F081F5F15--

From: Steven <steve@wavedirect.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2017 13:37:31 -0400 (EDT)

--=_d6282457-876a-492b-8305-77bbb386ef66

I'm mainly talking about a simplification of the menus and the way they loo=
k. How the site is structured. Make it so the average users knows how to op=
erate everything without requesting support. Automate functions that most u=
sers wouldn't understand or make it transparent to them.=20

The overall feel and look is too basic and old school. While we could custo=
mize colors and some features we cannot really overhaul it. There isn't muc=
h we can add to it.=20

I just find Surgemail is really only good for people who use imap / pop3 on=
 mobile devices and or old email clients.=20

Take a look at some of the simpler and nicer platforms out there. Protonmai=
l for example. Look at its settings section how clean and nice it looks. He=
ck it even has its own app and touts fully encrypted email.=20

--=20
Steven Kenney=20
Network Operations Manager=20
WaveDirect Telecommunications=20
http://www.wavedirect.net=20
(519)737-WAVE (9283)=20

Access to the nightly archive activity from surgeweb would be nice, too, in=
stead of steering customers to user.cgi or the old webmail.=20

On 7/27/2017 9:51 AM, Jeff Crowe wrote:=20

Along with Chris=E2=80=99 suggestions below, I would recommend bringing all=
 the features from the user.cgi scripts into the preferences/options menu o=
n the main webmail UI. Being able to add/remove lists, aliases, etc from a =
single common interface would ease customer support issues. Along those lin=
es, removing the idea of the popup box for the preferences and making it li=
ke a settings page on gmail would lead to a cleaner look as well.=20

Just my 2 cents=20

Jeff.=20

BQ_BEGIN

On Jul 26, 2017, at 6:20 PM, Chris Ferebee < [ mailto:cf@ferebee.net | cf@f=
erebee.net ] > wrote:=20

That=E2=80=99s actually a very good question.=20

I was going to point to RoundCube, but they seem to have caught eye candy d=
isease since I last checked many years ago.=20

If I can make three suggestions:=20

1. Remove all gradients.=20

2. Redraw all icons =E2=80=93 look to iOS 10 or the new half of Windows 10 =
for inspiration.=20

3. Bring in a professional UI/UX designer for an evaluation. Some things ar=
e hidden under a thick layer of thought processes that are only accessible =
to a software developer.=20

The current webmail interface is visually disturbing, confusing, and lacks =
discoverability. (As an example, none of my users was ever able to find or =
understand the autoresponder functionality without explicit instructions.)=
=20

Best,=20
Chris=20

BQ_BEGIN
Am 26.07.2017 um 23:53 schrieb surgemail-support < [ mailto:surgemail-suppo=
rt@netwinsite.com | surgemail-support@netwinsite.com ] >:=20

I'm very curious to know what you think looks nicer or is easier to use, a =
specific example or two would be great. We did an internal review recently =
with this goal in mind, I started with the same thought that surely we coul=
d make it look more modern, but after looking around at competitors we only=
 agreed on some fairly minor changes (slight button styling changes and som=
e interface improvements like infinite scrolling). We think a clean minimal=
ist interface is actually easier for users to deal with than too much eye c=
andy. And we have a dim view of wasting screen real estate with fancy forma=
tting that detracts from being able to see more real content.=20

But by all means give me some examples and we'll certainly review this agai=
n. We would very much like to satisfy both needs (functionality, ease of us=
e, and looking pretty) :-)=20

ChrisP.=20

On 27/07/2017 1:39 a.m., Steven wrote:=20

BQ_BEGIN
For the first time ever I've reconsidered renewing support. Ultimately I wi=
ll however the lack of development in the front end in the product over the=
 past years has disturbed me. The back end is fine, extremely light weight =
and reliable. Support is good. However time is surging on (pardon the pun) =
and the webmail interface really needs some serious attention. There are so=
 many nice free products out there that are much nicer for the end user.=20

Are there any plans on updating and improving the front end?=20

--=20
Steven Kenney=20
Network Operations Manager=20
WaveDirect Telecommunications=20
[ http://www.wavedirect.net/ | http://www.wavedirect.net ]=20
(519)737-WAVE (9283)=20

--=20
I'd really appreciate it if you could take a moment to like us on FaceBook,=
 thanks heaps! ChrisP.=20

BQ_END

BQ_END

BQ_END

--=_d6282457-876a-492b-8305-77bbb386ef66

ize: 12pt; color: #000000"><div>I'm mainly talking about&nbsp; a simplifica=
tion of the menus&nbsp; and the way they look.&nbsp; How the site is struct=
ured.&nbsp; Make it so the average users knows how to operate everything wi=
thout requesting support.&nbsp;&nbsp; Automate functions that most users wo=
data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></div><div>The overall feel and look is too basic and =
old school. While we could customize colors&nbsp; and some features we cann=
ot really overhaul it.&nbsp; There isn't much we can add to it.&nbsp; <br d=
ind Surgemail is really only good for people who use imap / pop3 on mobile =
devices and or old email clients.&nbsp; <br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></div><div=
 nicer platforms out there.&nbsp; Protonmail for example.&nbsp; Look at its=
 settings section how clean and nice it looks.&nbsp; Heck it even has its o=
wn app and touts fully encrypted email.&nbsp; <br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></di=
etwork Operations Manager<br>WaveDirect Telecommunications<br>http://www.wa=
data-marker=3D"__QUOTED_TEXT__"><div class=3D"moz-cite-prefix">Access to th=
e nightly archive activity
      from surgeweb would be nice, too, instead of steering customers to
      user.cgi or the old webmail.<br>
      On 7/27/2017 9:51 AM, Jeff Crowe wrote:<br>
cations.ca">
     =20
      Along with Chris=E2=80=99 suggestions below, I would recommend bringi=
ng
      all the features from the user.cgi scripts into the
      preferences/options menu on the main webmail UI. &nbsp;Being able to
      add/remove lists, aliases, etc from a single common interface
      would ease customer support issues. Along those lines, removing
      the idea of the popup box for the preferences and making it like a
      settings page on gmail would lead to a cleaner look as well.
            font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps:
            normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal;
            orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
            text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
            word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;
            -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"><br class=3D"">
              &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:cf@ferebee.net" class=3D"" target=3D"_b=
lank">cf@ferebee.net</a>&gt; wrote:</div>
                I was going to point to RoundCube, but they seem to have
                caught eye candy disease since I last checked many years
                ago.<br class=3D"">
                If I can make three suggestions:<br class=3D"">
                1. Remove all gradients.<br class=3D"">
                2. Redraw all icons =E2=80=93 look to iOS 10 or the new hal=
f of
                Windows 10 for inspiration.<br class=3D"">
                3. Bring in a professional UI/UX designer for an
                evaluation. Some things are hidden under a thick layer
                of thought processes that are only accessible to a
                software developer.<br class=3D"">
                The current webmail interface is visually disturbing,
                confusing, and lacks discoverability. (As an example,
                none of my users was ever able to find or understand the
                autoresponder functionality without explicit
                instructions.)<br class=3D"">
                Best,<br class=3D"">
                Chris<br class=3D"">
                  schrieb surgemail-support &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:surgemail=
-support@netwinsite.com" class=3D"" target=3D"_blank">surgemail-support@net=
winsite.com</a>&gt;:<br class=3D"">
                  I'm very curious to know what you think looks nicer or
                  is easier to use, &nbsp;a specific example or two would b=
                  great. &nbsp;We did an internal review recently with this
                  goal in mind, I started with the same thought that
                  surely we could make it look more modern, but after
                  looking around at competitors we only agreed on some
                  fairly minor changes (slight button styling changes
                  and some interface improvements like infinite
                  scrolling). &nbsp;&nbsp;We think a clean minimalist inter=
face is
                  actually easier for users to deal with than too much
                  eye candy. &nbsp;And we have a dim view of wasting screen
                  real estate with fancy formatting that detracts from
                  being able to see more real content. &nbsp;&nbsp;<br clas=
s=3D"">
                  But by all means give me some examples and we'll
                  certainly review this again. We would very much like
                  to satisfy both needs (functionality, ease of use, and
                  looking pretty) :-)<br class=3D"">
                  ChrisP.<br class=3D"">
                  On 27/07/2017 1:39 a.m., Steven wrote:<br class=3D"">
                    ever I've reconsidered renewing support. &nbsp;Ultimate=
ly
                    I will however the lack of development in the front
                    end in the product over the past years has disturbed
                    me. &nbsp;The back end is fine, extremely light weight
                    and reliable. &nbsp;Support is good. &nbsp;However time=
 is
                    surging on (pardon the pun) and the webmail
                    interface really needs some serious attention.
                    &nbsp;There are so many nice free products out there th=
at
                    are much nicer for the end user. <br class=3D"">
                    Are there any plans on updating and improving the
                    front end? &nbsp;<br class=3D"">
                    -- <br class=3D"">
                    Steven Kenney<br class=3D"">
                    Network Operations Manager<br class=3D"">
                    WaveDirect Telecommunications<br class=3D"">
=3D"_blank">http://www.wavedirect.net</a><br class=3D"">
                    (519)737-WAVE (9283)<br class=3D"">
                  -- <br class=3D"">
                  I'd really appreciate it if you could take a moment to
                  like us on FaceBook, thanks heaps! ChrisP.<br class=3D"">
--=_d6282457-876a-492b-8305-77bbb386ef66--

From: surgemail-support <surgemail-support@netwinsite.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 09:39:54 +1200

Just wanted to thank everyone for the ideas/suggestions.  I think we've
got some good ideas of the main areas of improvement now and we'll
commence work on these issues.

     ChrisP.

From: "Sam Lists" <lists@networkvoiceanddata.com.au>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 11:01:55 +1000

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01D30C47.ED533160

Hi All

Issue is with blue, people with diabetities at times can stuggle to see
blue,  it is a pain in the backside,

Blue on Grey is BAD
Black on Blue is BAD

Hence why I edit the surgemail.ini file.

Samantha
FNQ Transgender Support Helpdesk

My 2 words, system works great, support is superb and webmail interface is
fine. Let's keep it light weight and fast. The only change I would make is
the yellow on the option pages, I would stay with the blues, I personally
like blue;-).

============================

Tim Meyer

CEO, JTM MultiMedia, Inc.

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01D30C47.ED533160

xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	color:black;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
..MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-AU link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dblue><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Issue is with blue, people with diabetities at times can stuggle to =
see blue,&nbsp; it is a pain in the backside,<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><br>Blue on Grey is BAD<br>Black on Blue is =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Hence why I edit the surgemail.ini file.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Samantha<br>FNQ Transgender Support =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0cm =
0cm 0cm'><p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:36.0pt'><b><span =
lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> Tim Meyer =
class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:36.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:36.0pt'><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'color:black'>Chris P.,<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:36.0pt'><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-left:36.0pt'><span lang=3DEN-US style=3D'color:black'>My =
2 words, system works great, support is superb and webmail interface is =
fine. Let&#8217;s keep it light weight and fast. The only change I would =
make is the yellow on the option pages, I would stay with the blues, I =
personally like blue;-).<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-left:36.0pt'><span lang=3DEN-US =
class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:36.0pt'><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'color:black'>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-left:36.0pt'><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>=3D=
=3D=3D</span><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'color:black'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-left:36.0pt'><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>T=
im Meyer</span><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'color:black'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-left:36.0pt'><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>C=
EO, JTM MultiMedia, Inc.</span><span lang=3DEN-US =