Group: netwin.surgemail
Subject: FW: [SurgeMail List] Renewing support
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2017 23:45:38 -0400

Chris,
I use surge mail in an extremely simple way, purely as an outbound server
for my own email.  I do not have any personal investment in any of the
issues that have been discussed over the last few weeks; however, as a
developer of systems of comparable scale and importance(I author medical
billing software used in a lot of physician offices) I "feel for you" having
to juggle the demands of such a wide range of clients.  I know how hard it
is to have 90% of the feedback be all about what is not working when you(and
to a lesser extent I) know that what you have done is simply amazing in
terms of delivering a rock solid quality product for an extremely fair
price.  That's why I bought a license even though technically I could
legally use your free version.  I simply could not bring myself to not pay
you because your product worked for me, it was easy to use, you gave me
great support when I needed it.  I want you to know that I;ve been a
developer since the late 70's and I only know a handful of people who have
done what you have done in bringing a quality product to the market with
such a thin team, and remained committed to delivering top quality results.

I appreciate what you have done and I always will.

That said I do understand that most of your clients are using your software
to support orders of magnitude higher volumes than I do, so I'm an easy guy
to please.

Good luck with all this.

David Craven